Communication and Social Skills Development
We can support your child’s development of social skills by working with them to:
- Identify and understand social cues and expectations
- Develop communication skills, including verbal and nonverbal communication
- Practice turn-taking and sharing
- Develop empathy and understanding of other people’s feelings
- Manage emotions in a positive way, including understanding and managing anxiety
- Develop problem-solving skills and strategies for conflict resolution
- Build confidence and self-esteem through positive social interactions
Our team of Occupational therapists has extensive experience in supporting children with a range of social and emotional challenges and we are committed to helping your child develop the skills they need to thrive in social situations.
We can also support children in developing other important life skills, such as time management, organisational skills and basic cooking skills. These skills can be particularly important for children who are transitioning to high school or college, where they may need to manage their time more independently.
Independence and Self-Care Skills
Developing independence, communication and self-care skills is an important part of a child’s growth and development. These skills help children gain confidence and self-esteem as they learn to take care of themselves and become more self-reliant.
At our clinic, we understand the importance of helping children develop independence and self-care skills. Our Occupational therapy services are designed to support children in learning a range of skills, from using cutlery correctly to packing their own bag.
- As children grow, it’s important for them to learn how to take care of themselves and become more independent.
- We can help your child develop the skills they need to do things like dress themselves, pack their own bag and organise themselves for school.
- Our Occupational therapists can work with your child to help them learn how to complete activities of daily living
- We’ll work with your child to develop their fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination and problem-solving abilities so they can become more independent in their daily activities.
Our goal is to help your child feel confident and capable as they learn to take care of themselves and navigate the world around them.
If you’re interested in learning more about how we can support your child’s development, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Get in touch
Use our enquiry form or speak with reception on 08 6183 1763